This report, by Solar Energy UK, highlights the financial benefits of installing a solar energy system, which for a typical home could increase its sales price by at least £1,800, and reduce annual energy bills by more than £300. Overall, the impact of installing solar photovoltaic (PV) systems is clear.
- Solar power systems: 5 Increase the sale price of a home.
- Help futureproof homes, by ensuring a source of clean, cheap energy for new low carbon technologies, such as electric vehicles and heat pumps.
- Reduce bills, by producing power to supply some of a home’s energy demand.
- Enable surplus power to be sold back to the grid.
- Reduce carbon emissions and improve the environmental performance of a home.
The principal funding for this report was provided by the MCS Charitable Foundation. Additional funding was provided by the Forster Group, Huawei, Larkfleet Smart Homes, and Viridian Solar.