This report looks at how combined authorities have used their powers, resources and partnerships to achieve enhanced outcomes in housing and planning and how they are working with their constituent authorities to deliver these.
By focusing on both major innovative approaches and projects, mainstream delivery programmes and smaller scale outcomes, the report recognises that whilst at different stage of development, combined authorities are still evolving. 1.2 The report focuses on specific case studies to illustrate innovation and delivery around the following themes:
- Increasing supply through innovative funding and investment
- Meeting housing need
- Accelerating housing delivery by co-ordinating and creating sites
- Alignment with the wider growth agenda
- Addressing urban renewal through Mayoral Development Corporations
- Excellence in quality and design
- Advantages of capacity building, procurement, delivery and resource sharing.
Author: Local Government Association
Publication date: January 2020